Freaky Family PUMP-kin Workout
Workout IV for Charity
Saturday, October 19 @ 7:30am
Event: Freaky Family Pumpkin Workout
Host: Mike Alves of Change Your Body Boot Camps
Produced by: Athletes by Alves and Krista Kett
Location: Mackenzie Center, 1337 Centre St, Newton Centre, MA 02459
Time: 7:30-8:30am (50 min workout starts sharply at 7:30am)
Equipment Needed: 5-10lb pumpkin for kids, 5-15 lb pumpkin for women, 10-30 lb pumpkin for men and an exercise mat, water bottle & hand towel per person.
What to wear: costume or orange & black
Admission Cost: $20 for adults, $10 for kids
Charity: John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club
Look, if you’re reading this, You’re at least intrigued by the idea of a pumpkin workout.
Here’s the deal:
Halloween is the start of Holiday Season Weight Gain!
Halloween parties, way too much candy, way too much candy around for many days after and not enough exercise. Sugar hangover lasts well into November and before you know it, thanksgiving is here.
On Thanksgiving you overeat, you overeat the next couple days too because of leftovers and then, BAM It’s December.
You have End of the year holiday parties, shopping, too many sweets, too many calories, way too much stress and not enough exercise.
Then you celebrate new year’s and your sick for the month of January while you’re trying to lose weight and get your body back because it’s resolution month.
Here’s what I’m going to do for you:
I’m going to show you how to…
- train with kids during the Freaky Family PUMP-kin workout
- celebrate holidays in a win-win manner
- get in shape anywhere, anytime by using only a pumpkin and your bodyweight
- prevent holiday season weight gain before it starts
- create empowering healthful associations with holidays
I’m going to give you…
- an awesome workout that makes you feel good
- a great story to tell
- a reason to play with your food (pumpkin) J
- a chance to meet other people and families who want to change
- a big endorphin release
- smiles that make your cheeks hurt
- coaching by a cheer specialist
Here’s what you need to do:
You need to…
- reserve your coffin, ah hem, I mean spot by making a donation
- get a costume (or wear orange & black)
- Complete adult online waiver form here.
- Download, complete and fax (617.287.0921), scan & email (mike [at] mikealves [dot] com) or bring with you to event, the minor waiver (and adult) waiver form.
- Bring an exercise mat, water bottle (not the spiked spirit kind), a hand towel (for cleaning up guts) and a great attitude.
- Bring a pumpkin: 5-10 lbs for kids, 5-10lbs for women, 15-20lbs for men. There will be No extras available.
Here’s the play by play so you can plan you’re evening accordingly.
- 7:15am arrive in costume, introduce yourself, use the bathroom, ask questions, and get ready.
- 7:30am sharp, workout begins
- I’ll take you through a wicked fun, “freaky family pumpkin workout” that lasts 35min.
- we scare all in attendance because we’re sweaty, gross and in costume.
- everyone in attendance wants to be our friend because we’re super loud, super energized and having the time of our life
- we raise money for the boys & girls club so they can fight childhood obesity through activity & education
- reduce childhood obesity, so America is the fittest country in the world
So what do you think? Isn’t a Freaky Family PUMP-kin Workout a fun way to kickoff Halloween season and fight holiday season weight gain.
If you said yes, are able to move freely (pain & injury free), are willing to workout in costume and support a good cause, then I invite you to reserve your spot by making a donation.
A little about the Freaky Family Pumpkin Workout
- 50 min total body cardio-core workout
- Uses your body weight & a pumpkin
- Set to time, so you can go at your own pace
- Has 3 different levels for beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Includes warm up and cool down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “Mike, why do I need a Pumpkin? What are we going to do with it?”
A: Great question! The pumpkin is going to serve as resistance. Think of it as a medicine ball you can eat or carve. We’ll use it as a base of support and to push, pull, or twist with. It’ll serve as an example that you can use most any object to exercise with, no matter where you are.
Q: “Mike, why do I Need to Bring a Towel?”
A: Another Great question. You need it because you’re going to sweat.
Q: “What if I get tired during the workout and need to take a break?”
A: Then take one. You can stop and start whenever you need to. If you need to sit down, then go take a seat. If you just need a breather, then stay where you are until you’re ready to start again. Sound safe and easy? J
Q: “Mike what if I don’t have a costume or I feel uncomfortable wearing one?”
A: Well if you don’t have one and you don’t want to get one, then don’t. Just come wearing orange & black workout clothes ready to participate and learn something new. If you think you’re going to feel uncomfortable wearing a costume, just imagine how uncomfortable I’m going to feel wearing a costume in front of you. (Wink) Seriously though, if you’re going to feel uncomfortable wearing a costume, don’t wear one. Just come as yourself dressed in orange & black workout clothes. It’ll be fun regardless.
Q: “Mike, why do we have to be there at 7:15am and not 7:30am?”
A: I really want to impress you and give you an unforgettable experience and workout. If you’re early, you can get comfortable, use the bathroom one last time and make sure we have your waiver and have a spot reserved for you.
So if you want to fight holiday season weight gain before it starts, if you want to learn & do something that changes your body and gives you a memorable night with a story to tell, if you want to do your part to make America the fittest country, not the fattest, then make a donation to reserve your spot.
Spook and sweat with you soon
You’re personal monster,
p.s. Here’s the link again for the adult online waiver form. Here’s the link for the downloadable minor and adult waiver form . E-mail or fax it back to me with the subject line of Freaky Family Pump-kin Workout. E-mail is mike (at) mikealves (dot) com and fax is 617.287.0921. You will not be allowed to participate if you don’t sign & submit it.